I’m really behind with posts this month. I do plan to get December new releases up as soon as possible. If you know of books that you know need to be mentioned, please mention them in the comments.
In the meantime, I have a few readings for those who are interested on monkey representations in a few specific picture books.
· The Resisting Monkey:” Curious George” Slave Captivity Narratives, and the Postcolonial Condition
- Monkey See, Monkey Do: How Academia Turned Curious George Into a Racial Commentary
- President Obama’s Election Campaign in the US and Concepts of Race and Racism
- Curious about George: Postcolonial Science and Technology Studies, STEM education policy, and colonial iconicity
- Neo-colonialism, same old racism: A critical analysis of the United States’ shift toward colorblindness as a tool for the protection of the American colonial empire and …
- Decolonizing Childhood: Re-Reading Curious George, Oompa Loompas, and the Jungle Book
- A Good Little Monkey: Curious George’s Undercurrent of White Dominance and the Series’ Continued Popularity